1. Please join the community to be able to post and to see all the locked posts. Watch the community to stay updated.
2. Play nice! Please show respect to all members, especially in regards to others opinions, etc.
3. LJ-cuts are always better than a ginormous post. Two regular-sized images will be accepted outside of the cut (only one if it's a GIF), the rest should remain under the cut. Max size of any image before the cut should be 600px by 600px.
4. Don't create a post for something when there's a recent post you can post it in (ie. if there's a .GIF post two posts down don't dedicate an entire new post to a it, etc).
5. No Personal Journal Posts: We want meaningful posts!
Examples of stuff that will be rejected are: Personal movie reviews, 'omg I'm going to see x film tonight!', etc. Don't link to content in your own LJ or other people's personal LJs. If you have something to share, share it in your post, or ask the other user to share it here.
6. No "Hi I'm new/My first post/Delurking" introductions or intro posts. There will be friending memes for that, where you can introduce yourself.
7. Embed all content and disable any autoplay for videos. Put as much as you can in the actual post itself. If you are posting an article paste all the text into the post, if you're sharing a few pictures you found put all of them in the post, and cite your sources!
8. Please do not hot link images posted in this journal. A hotlink is a direct link to an image on someone else's web server. For example, if you saw an image that you like in one of the posts you put the image on your weblog using the image URL source of that other person's site, then you are hotlinking. And, unless the owner of that site permits this, then you are stealing bandwidth, which is unacceptable.
9. Use the tags. They may be goofy, but its how we navigate through life.
10. All fanmix and media posts must be locked. Fanvids are preferred to be posted behind a cut.
11. The Good Idea and Bad Idea of posting, brought to you by Yacko, Wacko and Dot:
* News articles/interviews/reviews from websites, magazines, etc.
* Picture/gif/macro/etc. spams (These consist of more than just a few images)
* Pictures and videos of new appearances and events
* Information on upcoming appearances and events
* Pic/gif posts with only 1-2 pics/gifs
* "Hey, this random thing happens to be called Stark/Holmes/Downey!"
* Links and nothing else
* Personal anecdotes about RDJ, unless you like, met him, or something. Pics or it didn't happen.
If you have questions, complaints, the like: Please contact an ontd_downey moderator (we don't bite!) Contacting moderators from other communities will result in getting you a ban, it's not cute, don't do it.
Want to affiliate: Leave a comment in the open ontd_rdjmods post, and we'll add it up.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!
See a bug? Let us know! Here you can also share your thoughts and ideas about updates to LiveJournal
Your request has been filed. You can track the progress of your request at:
If you have any other questions or comments, you can add them to that request at any time.